Environmental Management Service
GISAŞ Shipbuilding Industry. Inc. Environmental Management Service Unit within the scope of the Ministry of Environment and Urbanization received ÇDYB- 0470 “Environmental Consultancy Competence Certificate” on 14.01.2011, “Regulation on Environmental Management Services”, “Environmental Inspection Regulation”, “Environmental Permit and License Regulation”. It started to provide Environmental Management Services to the facilities in the maritime sector, especially the Shipyards operating in Tuzla.
Within the Environmental Management Service Unit; A team of 11 experts, including 8 Environmental Engineers, 1 Chemical Engineer, 1 Biologist and 1 Aquaculture Engineer, is employed.
In addition to the Environmental Management Service, as of 2020, with the success of 6 Environmental Engineers in the Environmental Management Service Unit staff of the Environmental Management Service Unit within the scope of the “Regulation on Environmental Management of Dredging Material”, it has started to provide services on the Environmental Management of Dredging Material as of 2020.
GISAŞ Shipbuilding Industry Inc.; It adopts the principle of protecting the sustainable environmental environment in the areas it serves, taking all kinds of precautions and doing the necessary studies, by taking it as a duty to provide perfect service in all matters in the field of environmental control.
Within the Scope of Environmental Management Service
• To transfer necessary information on Environmental Legislation,
• To carry out the practices that the facilities are responsible for in environmental matters in accordance with the legislation,
• To organize informative trainings and encouraging environmental activities for employees on environmental issues
• Permission/license etc. receiving, renewing and updating documents
• To make mandatory notifications in accordance with the legislation
• Preparing a refuse Management Plan and ensuring refuse management
• To ensure the Environmental Management of Dredging Material
• Ensuring the establishment of a Zero Waste Management system
• Preparing an annual internal audit plan and ensuring that it is implemented in accordance with the legislation
• It provides services such as being present in the audits to be carried out by the Ministry of Environment and Urbanization and/or the Institutions and Organizations to which it has delegated authority.